Youth Tour 2017
Apply now for Electric Cooperative Youth Tour in Washington, D.C., June 11-15.
Eight students will be chosen by a panel of judges to attend the all-expenses-paid trip to the 2017 Electric Cooperative Youth Tour.
More than 1,500 high school juniors representing 44 states go to the nation's capital for five days for the annual Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. Accompanied by more than 250 electric co-op chaperones, the students see the sights and learn about the history of the United States and the electric co-op movement.
The trip will include:
- Visiting Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., where Youth Tour participants will meet with members of Virginia’s congressional delegation, Virginia senators and tour the U.S. Capitol building.
- Joining students from across the country in a Youth Day rally and dance
- Boat ride down the Potomac River
- Attending a Washington Nationals baseball game
- Sightseeing at iconic U.S. monuments, museums, and much more!
Youth Tour Contestant Rules:
- Any high school junior who lives and attends school (or homeschool) within SEC’s service area is eligible to apply
- Competition includes participants submitting a written essay of no more than 500 words explaining why you would be a good candidate to represent Southside Electric Cooperative on the 2017 Youth Tour in Washington.
- All entry forms and essays must be received at the Cooperative’s headquarters office by Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Students must be available for an interview at the Co-op’s closest district office the weeks of March 20-24 or March 27-31.
Click here for the list of complete rules and application.