Southside Electric Cooperative, headquartered in Crewe, Virginia, is a member-owned rural electric utility which provides electric services to more than 45,000 members in portions of Amelia, Appomattox, Bedford, Brunswick, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, Pittsylvania, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George and Sussex counties; the towns of Altavista, Hurt, Crewe, Blackstone, Kenbridge and South Hill; and the city of Petersburg.
The Cooperative has four district offices and its service territory spans approximately 180 miles from the City of Petersburg to Bedford County (east to west), and 90 miles from Powhatan County to approximately 16 miles from the North Carolina line (north to south).
We will achieve high results through a motivated, skilled, and knowledgeable workforce that takes pride in ownership of its work and is prepared to take Southside Electric Cooperative into the future years.
- E-Verify Participation (English Version)
- E-Verify Participation (Spanish Version)
- Right to Work (English Version)
Southside Electric Cooperative currently has the following open positions at our Headquarters Office in Crewe, Virginia:
All completed SEC Applications for Employment must be received by 5:00 p.m. eastern time on the closing date.
Helpful instructions for completing the application process are provided below.
Utility Forester I & II (Closing Date: Monday 11/26/2018)
SEC Application for Employment (required for all positions)
Driver Application (required only for Line Technician positions)
TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION, WE INVITE YOU TO TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE FOLLOWING HELPFUL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO BEGINNING YOUR APPLICATION.
You may download the required forms for an open position at Southside Electric Cooperative if your computer meets the following requirements:
- You have a Windows or MAC computer running a current operating system
- Your computer has an internet connection and an active email account
- Your computer has Adobe software installed
A completed Southside Electric Cooperative Application for Employment is required of everyone applying to our open position(s).
The forms provided are fillable forms and may include required fields; formatted fields such as telephone numbers; radio buttons; calendar date selection fields; signature fields; and submit buttons.
To ensure access to the fillable form as designed, complete the following steps exactly as written:
- Click to open the SEC Application for Employment on the Careers page.
- Save the blank application to your computer with a unique name, i.e. LastName, FirstName SEC Application.
- Close the application after you have saved it to your computer.
- Open the application from the saved location on your computer.
- Verify that the application has opened in If the correct fillable format, i.e., verify that a red outline is visible on some of the fields on page one and verify that there is a small orange indicator arrow at the signature line on page five. The submit button on page five should be bright blue.
- If the application is in the correct format as indicated above, you may proceed to complete your application.
- If you do not see the red outlines or the orange arrow at the signature line, CLOSE the blank application, then from your computer, right-click on the application and select Open With and choose Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
Step 3 and Step 4 are critical. If either step is omitted, the application will not open in the correct fillable format.
If you do not see the red outlines on page one and the signature arrow on page five, please repeat steps 1-4.
When the SEC Application for Employment is complete, click on the bright blue “SUBMIT APPLICATION” button under your signature on page five. This may prompt you to select Outlook or Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo, aol, etc.) as your email tool. Once selected, your default email service will open with the application attached.
If your email service does not create the new email with the application attached, please email the completed application and any additional forms or documents such as resume` and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your full name and the position title in the subject line.
All Voluntary Self-Identify forms are optional. The name field at the bottom of each Self-Identify page is to be printed, not signed. These forms are also fillable, therefore, please follow steps 1 through 4 as for the SEC Application for Employment in order to access the correct fillable version.
If you encounter a problem and have followed the instructions as provided above, you may send a detailed email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include specific details about your issue. Include screenshots which illustrate the issue if possible.
Emailed forms are preferred, however, job seekers may also fax completed applications to (434) 645-3202 or bring the completed forms to our Headquarters office located at 2000 W. Virginia Ave, Crewe, VA. (We do not accept applications at our District offices in Altavista, Crewe, Dinwiddie, or Powhatan.)
Title VI Statement of Non-Discrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at https://www.ascr.usda.gov/filing-program-discrimination-complaint-usda-customer and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed complaint form or letter to USDA by:
- mail for discrimination complaints only: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410;
- fax for discrimination complaints only: (202) 690-7442; or
- email for discrimination complaints only: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: June 2, 2015
Updated November 14, 2018