View the Outage Map
How to Report an Outage to SEC
As a member, you expect many things from your cooperative, including reliable electric service. Please notify us if you are experiencing an outage.
What number should I use to report the outage?
What information do I need?
- Physical address where outage has occurred.
- Primary phone number associated with the account. Please note: remember to keep SEC updated with your current phone number, by calling us at 800-552-2118.
- Follow the prompts and enter all necessary information
- If neither the physical address nor primary phone number are available; please enter your SEC account number.
Report any other relevant information, such as:
- "A wire is down" or "there’s a tree on the line"
- Any loud noises heard
Learn about the Power Restoration Process
Downed Power Lines:
Never go near downed power lines.
- A downed power line can still be energized and can cause other things around it to become potentially hazardous. A fence or guardrail touching a downed line can be energized for several thousand yards and it poses a threat to anyone coming into contact with it.
- Stay away from puddles of water that could be in contact with downed lines. Encountering these can be as hazardous as coming into contact with the downed power line itself.
- If you are driving and come upon a downed power line, stay in your vehicle, warn others to stay away and call 911.
- Also when driving, be careful at intersections where traffic lights may be out. Stop at all railroad crossings and treat road intersections with traffic signals as four-way stops before proceeding with caution.